Careers at Fordingbridge
Fordingbridge are always interested in receiving applications from talented individuals. Fordingbridge is an equal opportunities employer.
We are currently recruiting for the following positions.
Install team requirements
For construction crews:
- Team Leader to have Site Manger Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) or Site Safety Supervisor Training scheme (SSSTS)
- CSCS cards relevant to the type of work
- Work at Height Training
- MEWP Certification
- At least one team member to have PASMA
- At least one team member to have Telehandler Certification
- One team member to have minimum of Emergency First Aid.
For groundworks crews:
- Team leader to have SMSTS or minimum SSSTS
- Valid CSCS cards.
- Relevant experience
- Certification for use of machinery (digger, dumper etc.)
- CAT and Genny training (Cable avoidance)
- One team member to have minimum of Emergency First Aid
All crews must:
- Have relevant insurances
- Conform to general health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Have manual handling certificates
An ambitious driven Project Manager is required to join a leading design and build company based near Chichester providing canopies, walkways and inspiring buildings across a wide range of sectors. The Project Manager will have overall responsibility for co-ordinating and managing the projects across the business. You will ensure that all our projects are running to programme and within budget. The role will be based in our office in West Sussex and will involve travel across the UK.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Project manage a portfolio of canopy and building projects, ensuring they are within programme, budget and to company quality standards.
• Manage the activities of various sub-contractors and internal departments.
• Identify and document the key interfaces critical path and milestones.
• Attend site meetings and disseminate the information to the relevant parties.
• Issue detailed construction programs.
Key Skills & Experience
• Min 5 years relevant experience – with emphasis on Project Management in the construction sector.
• Experienced in managing multiple construction projects at the same time.
• Ability to budget and manage project costs.
• Excellent written, communication and verbal skills and leadership skills.
• Working knowledge of JCT D&B contracts.
• Ability to read and understand construction drawings.
• IT literate using Microsoft package.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and motivated Project Manager with a proven background to make a real contribution to a flourishing, friendly and progressive company.
A competitive salary is on offer with 20 days paid holiday per year plus statutory bank holidays.
Apply to find out more!
An ambitious Technical Sales Manager with experience of delivering projects within the construction sector is required to join a leading design and build company based near Chichester providing canopies, walkways and inspiring buildings across a wide range of sectors.
This exciting position will be office based with regular travel required across the UK.
Full product support and training will be provided by our internal technical and sales departments.
The role will focus on following up confirmed leads generated by the marketing team, attending new prospect meetings and following up with accurate costings and customer quotation to win new business. The ability to build close relationships with stakeholders at all levels is essential to ensure repeat business and client recommendations.
- Responding to confirmed leads generated by internal marketing
- Organising site visits to discuss new projects
- Site surveying for quotation purposes
- Identifying opportunities to cross sell/upsell other products
- Interpreting the customer’s requirements, costing and producing a proposal document for the client
- Management of your own diary and logging all meetings and interactions on sales CRM system
- Handover to internal project management team
Skills and experience
- Ability to survey sites
- Experience of negotiating with main contractors and end users (from SMEs to large corporates)
- Strong account management skills
- A demonstrable history of converting enquiries into sales
- Knowledge of construction terminology
- Competent in reading and understanding construction drawings
- Proficient in all Microsoft office software
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and motivated individual to join the sales team of an established, flourishing, friendly and progressive company, during a time of renewed growth.
Competitive salary, company car, phone and laptop provided. 20 days paid holiday per year plus statutory bank holidays.
We have a new vacancy for a Design Technician, based at our offices near Chichester, West Sussex. Our business is a specialist mid-sized engineering firm, designing and building canopies and statement buildings across multiple sectors.
This is a great opportunity for a Design Technician to join a friendly and progressive company that prides itself on new technologies and staff training.
As a Design Technician your role will be focused on the design drawings, production of BOM’s and detailed drawings for fabrication, using AutoCAD 2018 in both 2D and 3D.
Working as part of a team your level of experience will enable you to undertake project design work from a commercial brief to completion using your initiative. You will have a good general knowledge of mechanical design and drawing in which you are comfortable to discuss with colleagues in other departments.
Qualifications and Experience
Autodesk Advance Steel 2018 software knowledge
Design experience of engineering parts and assemblies
3D AutoCAD design experience
Ability to produce BOM’s and fabrication drawings
Great eye for detail, dynamic and a quick learner
Design of structural frames
Competitive salary depending on experience.
For an informal initial discussion regarding this Design Technician position, please contact Andrew Hanson on 01243 55 44 55 email@example.com
Please send your CV and accompanying covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.