Careers at Fordingbridge
Fordingbridge are always interested in receiving applications from talented individuals. Fordingbridge is an equal opportunities employer.
We are currently recruiting for the following positions.
An ambitious structural engineer with experience of designing/value engineering steel structures including connections is required to join a leading design and build company based near Chichester providing canopies, walkways and inspiring buildings across a wide range of sectors. This is a rewarding role within a well-established company offering you long term career development.
As a Structural Engineer your role will be focused on leading the design office working on setting up a library utilising standard connections and using your experience to value engineer projects without compromising aesthetics/structural integrity.
You will also be expected to undertake design work to a commercial brief from order to completion under your own initiative with minimal supervision, and take responsibility for your own work.
Skills and experience
- Fully conversant with UK Eurocodes for structural calculations
- Proficient with structural design software for steel and ideally concrete foundations
- Proficient with Auto Cad software, Advanced Steel would be an advantage but not essential
- Experience in Steel frame building design, steel structures (typically 1-2 storey)
- Ensuring compliance with building regulations (e.g. requirements for fire protection and robustness)
- Detailing practice in steel and concrete from structural sketches up to the level of workshop drawings
- Have a minimum of a 5 years’ experience and hold chartered Status
- Other experience that would be an advantage would include experience of tensile membrane structures
- Great eye for detail, dynamic, and the ability to work to deadlines is essential
- Highly motivated
This is an exciting opportunity for a Structural Engineer to join a flourishing, friendly and progressive company that prides itself on new technologies and staff training.
Competitive salary, 20 days paid holiday per year plus statutory bank holidays.
An ambitious Technical Sales Manager with experience of delivering projects within the construction sector is required to join a leading design and build company based near Chichester providing canopies, walkways and inspiring buildings across a wide range of sectors.
This exciting position will be office based with regular travel required across the UK.
Full product support and training will be provided by our internal technical and sales departments.
The role will focus on following up confirmed leads generated by the marketing team, attending new prospect meetings and following up with accurate costings and customer quotation to win new business. The ability to build close relationships with stakeholders at all levels is essential to ensure repeat business and client recommendations.
- Responding to confirmed leads generated by internal marketing
- Organising site visits to discuss new projects
- Site surveying for quotation purposes
- Identifying opportunities to cross sell/upsell other products
- Interpreting the customer’s requirements, costing and producing a proposal document for the client
- Management of your own diary and logging all meetings and interactions on sales CRM system
- Handover to internal project management team
Skills and experience
- Ability to survey sites
- Experience of negotiating with main contractors and end users (from SMEs to large corporates)
- Strong account management skills
- A demonstrable history of converting enquiries into sales
- Knowledge of construction terminology
- Competent in reading and understanding construction drawings
- Proficient in all Microsoft office software
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and motivated individual to join the sales team of an established, flourishing, friendly and progressive company, during a time of renewed growth.
Competitive salary, company car, phone and laptop provided. 20 days paid holiday per year plus statutory bank holidays.
Please send your CV and accompanying covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.